Here are the Rules for The 2018 AppleFest Pie Baking Contest:
Apple Fest IS Westfield!
Apple Pie Baking Contest Rules
(questions? contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
• No pre-registraion needed! Come to AppleFest at the Reeve House located at 314 Mountain Avenue in Westfield, NJ. Simply enter the competition with your
paid Applefest entry ($5 on the day). Your pie will be donated to the
Apple Café but you will be eligible for the fabulous prizes!
• Categories this year:
-Best Pie Overall
(all pies - not desserts - are entered)
-Best pie baked by a child (under 16)
-Best secret ingredient
(please indicate the ingredient on the pie label)
-Best Historic Apple Dessert
(vintage recipes prior to 1970!)
• Amateur bakers only! We prefer 9-10” disposable pans if possible. All
pie crusts and fillings must be hand-made.
• Pies should be room temperature (“ready to eat”) and dropped off at
the Pie Competition desk between noon and 1:00pm.
• Judging starts at 1:00pm!
• Winners announced at 2:00pm from the front porch of the Reeve